Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Who am I to Judge?

Before I rate the first exercise DVD, maybe I should talk about my exercise "IQ".  I am not a natural athlete!  In fact, I have no hand eye coordination or balance.  I have been hit by or hit myself with almost every type of sporting equipment possible.

Bowling ball --- Check
Badmitton shuttlecock --- Check
Field Hockey Stick --- Check
Field Hockey Puck --- Check
The list goes on and on....

Needless to say, I missed out on the athletic gene.  I also missed out on the ability to balance and anything resembling coordination.  We have a friend who is a police officer.  Jokingly, I told him that I was scared that I would fail an alcohol sobriety test just because I am such a clutz.  He put me through my paces and, well, I failed.  I couldn't walk in a straight line, hold one foot up without falling, etc.  He told me that if I ever got pulled over by the police to beg for a breath analyzer test.

After college it became very apparent that I needed to do SOME form of exercise.  (Nothing like having rapidly tightening waist bands to prove that point.)  I tried Jazzercise and found it annoying.  I really hated having to hop up and down the step to the beat of some old song.



Next, I tried yoga.  I loved it.  Unfortunately, as I've mentioned, I am very uncoordinated.  It took me two years before I could do a basic tree pose without falling over.


Then, we moved into the country.  No classes were to be found so I started to exercise the more conventional route - walking, weights, etc.  It isn't the most fun way to get exercise but it gets the job done.

The first DVD that I am going to review is Bollyrobics.  I thought I would try something that sounded super fun and different.


Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I love how Miss Jazzercise seems to be squatting and shoving her other self in the crotch at the same time. Is her useless side ponytail tied with a corn husk? And what's written on her leotard?

    ReplyDelete